● Naturalists’ Camera Club of Toledo meeting in the Secor Room at Secor Metroparks, 10001 W. Central Ave., 2-4 p.m. Sunday. Speaker: Ashlee Decker of the Nature Conservancy, “Green Ribbon Initiative involving the Toledo Metroparks.”
● Furlough from the Front Holiday Gala Fund-raiser at the Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Rd., 6-9 p.m. Saturday. Families and friends will tour the WWI exhibit, enjoy festivities of a WWI furlough that include heavy appetizers, raffle prizes, and a holiday gift. An additional tasting ticket can be purchased to enjoy six tastings of beer or wine, set in WWI allied and enemy countries. Live entertainment by the Maumee High School Singers at 6:30 p.m., followed by WWI-era music courtesy of the Bowling Green State University’s Popular Culture Library. Gala tickets: $25/person; Beer/wine tasting tickets: additional, $20 and include a keepsake glass. Call 419-352-0967 or woodcountyhistory.org.
● The Voices of Harmony presents Sounds of the Season at First Presbyterian Church, 126 S. Church St., 7 p.m. Dec. 16. Featuring special guests Bowling Green High School Madrigal Singers. Admission: Canned goods and a free-will offering will be collected. Details: 888-741-7464; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit thevoicesofharmony.org.
● Birchard Public Library programs, 423 Croghan St.: Tween Craft Night (grades 4-6), DIY snow globes, 5-6 p.m. Tuesday. Christmas STEM (kindergarten to grade 6) 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday. Ruff and Ready Readers (kindergarten to 6 grade) 4-5 p.m. Dec. 11. Register/details: 419-334-7101 ext. 209.
● Gibsonburg Public Library programs, 100 N. Webster St.: Preschool storytime 11 a.m. Thursdays. Music Makers (preschoolers) 4:30 p.m. Monday. Poetry Writing for Homeschool kids, 11 a.m. Thursday, all levels of writing. Crafty Ladies Yo Yo Candy Canes, 1 p.m. Thursday; bring a pair of scissors and 1/4 yard of fabric, practice fabric/thread provided. Cookbook Club, 6:30 p.m. Dec. 11, theme is holiday party food; bring a copy of your recipe with your dish. Register, 419-637-2173.
● The What Abouts Holiday Show, Doo Wop sounds of days past at the Monroe Senior Citizens Center, 15275 S. Dixie Hwy., social hour 5-6 p.m., dinner 6-7 p.m., concert 7 p.m. Friday. Tickets: $15 for members and $18 for non-members, on Monday tickets will be $20 per person. Details: 734-241-0404.
● Andy’s Army Holiday Event sponsored by the Andy’s Army Canine Cancer Awareness Project at the Gladieux Home Center, 5120 Navarre Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Photos with Santa (pets, children, adults). Cost: $10 each (framed 4 by 6 inches). All proceeds to benefit canine cancer research.
● VFW Post 9816 euchre tournaments, 1802 Ashcroft Drive, 2 p.m. Sundays. Details, 419-725-9916.
● Area women are invited to “Changing Seasons with Change of Seasons” Toledo East Women’s Connection Luncheon and Program at Bayside Boardwalk, 2759 Seaman St. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon Dec. 14. Special feature: Betty Hill, of Perrysburg, Style Show by Change of Seasons. Music: Skip Jacobs. Speaker: Meschelle Kolb, of Middlebury, Indiana, “It’s not what you say but how you say it.” Cost: $11.50. Reservations: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
Upcoming programs at the Way Public Library in Perrysburg include Star Wars Family Fun Night and film discussions.
● Star Wars Family Fun Night at the Way Public Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 7-8:30 p.m. Saturday. Celebrate the release of The Last Jedi. Events are Jedi Training Academy, intergalactic games, a photo booth, crafts, refreshments, and more. Details: 419-874-3135, ext. 119 or waylibrary.info.
● Way Public Library programs, 101 E. Indiana Ave.: Reel Talk with Five Graves to Cairo (1943), 10 a.m. Thursday, film discussion/questions with Dennis Vaughn. Reel Opinions presents A Year in Space, 2 p.m. Thursday, follow astronaut Scott Kelly’s 12-month mission on the International Space Station. Show Me the Movie screening of Going in Style, 2 p.m. Dec. 12. Details: 419-874-3135, ext. 119 or waylibrary.info.
● Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo meeting at the Perrysburg Masonic Building, 590 E. South Boundary St., 7-9 p.m. Thursday. Details: 419-367-9307.
● Holiday cookie sale presented by the St. Anna Ladies Guild at St. George Orthodox Cathedral, 738 Glenwood Rd., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Details: 419-662-3922 or email email@example.com.
● Craft show and bake sale hosted by the Rossford Ladies Auxiliary at the Rossford Eagles, 658 Lime City Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Food and 50/50 raffles. Information: Jennifer, 419-261-1976.
Sylvania United Church of Christ hosts its Christmas concert Dec. 11.
● Sylvania Women’s Connection ladies’ luncheon “Decorating with Art” at Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday. Bring a friend and enjoy a relaxing lunch. Celeste Southard will be singing holiday favorites. Featuring Kristi McCarty from Global Art Exchange with inspirational ways to incorporate many varieties of art in your home. Speaker: Linda Harrah, of Parma, Ohio, “I Found an Exciting Book That Gave New Peace.” Cost: $13. Reservations suggested: Julie, 419-466-9701 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Christmas Concert at Sylvania United Church of Christ, 7240 Erie St., 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11. Performing is Collaboration, a vocal ensemble of 12 singers in the Toledo area with traditional Christmas selections, some sacred and secular, men’s and women’s selections, solos, and an audience carol sing-a-long directed by Mark Hetrick. A free-will offering will be taken, no admission charge for the concert.
● American Legion Riders’ blood drive, Joseph W. Diehn Post 468, 5580 Centennial Rd., 1-6 p.m. Dec. 15. For details/sign-up: Tony Roemmele, 419-276-3062.
● University of Toledo Choirs with the Children’s Northwest Ohio’s Bel Canto Choir to perform at the University of Toledo’s University Hall in Doermann Theatre, 2801 W. Bancroft St., 7:30 p.m. Friday. Tickets: $10; $5 students/seniors. Tickets: 419-530-4558.
● Birmingham Branch Library program: 203 Paine Ave.; Crazy Craig (juggler) for school age children, 4 p.m. Friday. Details: 419-259-5210.
● St. George Orthodox Christmas Cookie Bazaar at St. George Fellowship Hall, 3754 Woodley Rd., 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Arabic pastries, lunch, and local vendors. For details: 419-475-7054.
● St. Mark Lutheran Church Cookie Walk and cheese ball sale, 611 Woodville Rd., 9 a.m.-noon Saturday. Buy by the container (three sizes) and fill box with your choice of cookies and buckeyes. Cheese balls are at a price set.
● Christmas Blessing Giveaway at the Cross Church, 2025 Airport Hwy., 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday. Giveaway includes food, bikes, toys, and clothes. For more information: 419-794-3434.
● Pierogi winter dozen sale fund-raiser for the Echoes of Poland Folk Song and Dance Ensemble at the Polish Roman Catholic Union of America Hall, 5255 N. Detroit Ave. (across from Doehler Jarvis), from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday. Advance orders only!! Please call 419-475-6262 or 419-531-8658.
● Jingle Bell Shoppe at the East Toledo Senior Center, Navarre Park Shelterhouse, 1001 White St., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. Merchandise and crafts for holiday gift giving. Free wrapping. Details: 419-691-2254.
● Victorian Christmas Tea and Open House, 1107 N. Superior St., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 15; 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. Dec. 16; and 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. Dec. 17. Enjoy seasonal treats on fine china and linens, holiday decorations. Raffles. Cost: $30. For reservations: Richard, 419-266-8039. All proceeds to Historic Vistula Foundation.
● Wildwood Metropark programs, 5100 W. Central Ave.: Holidays Family Night Hike, lawn, 7-8 p.m. Tuesday. Several family friendly activities; Holidays On A Carriage Ride at Metroparks Hall Patio, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and Dec. 15, 16, and 17, carriage pulled by Molly and Sally, the mule team from Providence, cost $6/person. Reservations: 419-407-9701.
● Rap benefit show for “Toys for Tots”/Ronald McDonald House presented by Innovation Concerts at Frankie’s Inner City, 308 Main St., 8 p.m. Dec. 16. Performances by Marzek, Zak Nevers, Chris Cali/Defonix, Meko, Breed, YL, Johnny 5, and music by Tre Smith. Donations encouraged.
● Waterville Branch Library programs, 800 Michigan Ave.: Waterville Book Discussion Group (adults) 7-8 p.m. Dec. 11. Bookenders (adults), noon-1 p.m. Dec. 14, pack a lunch and book chat. Advisory Group for Teens (grades 5-12), 4-5 p.m. Dec. 14, help plan teen programs. Register at: 419-878-3055 or toledolibrary.org.
● Woodville Public Library programs, 101 E. Main St.: Holiday Book Bingo (preschool to grade 6), read books, fill a game board, and collect prizes, last day to collect prizes Dec. 30. Holiday Storytimes 7 p.m. Mondays, stories and craft, occasionally cupcakes. Holiday Crafts for Kids, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 16 and 23. Wednesday Book Club 7 p.m. Dec. 13, book is The Zookeeper’s Wife by Mary Alice Monroe; copies available at the desk. Register: 419-849-2744.
● Caregivers’ Support group offered by the Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter at Parkcliffe Community, 4226 Parkcliffe Lane, 1 p.m. fourth Thursday of every month. Information: 419-381-9447.
● Heroin Hurts ... Hope Heals Support group for families of addicts at Park Place House, 7805 Angola Rd., Springfield Township, 7-8:15 p.m. first Monday of every month. Details: 419-250-3132.
● Prostate Cancer Support group at Mercy Health St. Anne Hospital’s Cancer Center Library (Second Floor), 3404 W. Sylvania Ave., 6:30 p.m. fourth Monday of every month. Details: Roger, 419-346-2753 or Ernie 419-344-9830.
● Frogtown Low-Vision support group at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon first Wednesday of every month. Reservations: Paul or Jan Rachow, 419-867-8007/frogtownvision.org.
● TOPS (Take off Pounds Sensibly) 1648 support group, 9:30-11 a.m. every Monday. Location/cost/details: 419-242-6789.
● Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous at Epworth United Methodist Church’s Room 206, 4855 W. Central Ave., 7 p.m. Mondays. Contact: Joyce, 419-699-1007 or visit foodaddicts.org.
● Family Cancer Support group at Mercy Health Health St. Anne Hospital, Cancer Center Library, 3404 W. Sylvania Ave., 6:30 p.m. second Monday of every month. Information: 419-865-0659 or 419-754-1277.
● PAL (Parents of Addicted Loved Ones), a faith-based support group at Calvary Church, 1360 Conant St., Maumee, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Participants must be 18 or older. Details: 419-893-2171 or see palgroup.org.
● Family After Addiction or Death (F.A.A.D.)/Team Recovery: Support group at ProMedica Toledo Hospital Jobst Tower Auditorium, 2142 N. Cove Blvd., 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; and Epworth United Methodist, 4855 Central Ave., 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays. Families or anyone dealing with addiction welcome. Information: 419-561-5433.
● S.A.F.E. (Supporting Addict Families Everywhere) at Rescue Crisis, 3350 Collingwood Blvd., 6-7:30 p.m. Sundays. For anyone affected by a loved one’s addiction. Information: 419-304-7034.
● Family Caregiver Classes at Swanton Health Care and Retirement Center, 214 S. Munson Rd., Swanton. 5:30 p.m. every last Wednesday of each month. Receive a planning kit to help handle the responsibilities. Information: Chris Cremean, 419-825-1145 or email at email@example.com.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.