Fremont's Birchard Public Library hosts an event on American film history Thursday and a Harry Potter day for teens Jan. 4.
● Birchard Public Library program: 423 Croghan St.; Movie Classic Club/American History on Film, 1:30-4 p.m. Thursday. Registration/details: 419-334-7101, extension 209.
● Harry Potter Day for teens hosted by Birchard Public Library, 423 Croghan St., 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 4. Grades 7-12. Crafts, games, trivia, a showing of The Sorcerer’s Stone, chocolate-frog scavenger hunt, pizza, and snacks. Free. Must preregister at 419-334-7101, extension 209.
● Friends of the Tecumseh District Library book sale, Tecumseh District Library’s lower level, 215 N. Ottawa St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Jan. 6. Several used books, audio books, DVDs, and a large collection of children’s books. Benefits library improvements and programs. We are always in need of used books; can be dropped off at the front desk.
● Area Women are invited to “Sacks Thrift Avenue” Toledo East Women’s Connection Luncheon and Program: Bayside, 2759 Seaman St., doors open at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon Jan. 11. Special feature: Bargain shopping opportunity. Music: Bonnie Mohon. Speaker: Sandi Lemmon of Toledo “Confessions of A Workaholic.” Cost: $11.50. Reservations by Jan. 7: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
● Fort Meigs History Book Club launched by Fort Meigs and the Way Library at Fort Meigs, 29100 W. River Rd., with first meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 10. Moderated by Geoff Earnhart, Fort Meigs director. January’s selection is In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Waleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick. Copies available at the circulation desk. Details: 419-874-3135, extension 119.
● Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo meeting at the Perrysburg Masonic Building, 590 E. S. Boundary St., 7-9 p.m. Jan. 4. Details: 419-367-9307.
● Wildwood Metropark program: 5100 W. Central Ave.; Holiday Nature Walk, 2 p.m. Monday, light-hearted interpretive walk followed by warm and festive beverage in the Window on Wildlife. Reservations: 419-407-9701.
● Euchre Tournament at Polish Roman Catholic Union of America Toledo Club, 5255 N. Detroit Ave., 7 p.m. Friday. Entry fee: $6. Questions: 419-470- 8710.
● Woodville Public Library programs: 101 E. Main St.; Crochet and more, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, bring a project, lessons available; Kidz Cook (kindergarten to grade 4), 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Register: 419-849-2744.
● Nar-Anon 12-Step Program for families and friends of addicts at Harvest Lane Alliance Church, 5132 Harvest Lane, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 419-392-2420; and Unity of Toledo, 3535 Executive Pkwy.,10-11 a.m. Saturdays, 248-408-1853 or email@example.com.
● Frogtown Low-Vision Support Group at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon first Jan. 3. Reservations: Paul or Jan Rachow, 419-877-8007 or frogtownvision.org.
● Donna’s Village Grief Support Group at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 611 Woodville Rd., 6-7:30 p.m. first and third Wednesday. Information: 419-460-3122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Caregivers’ Support group offered by the Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter at Parkcliffe Community, 4226 Parkcliffe Lane, 1 p.m. fourth Thursday of each month. Information: 419-381-9447.
● Family After Addiction or Death (F.A.A.D.)/Team Recovery: Support Group at ProMedica Toledo Hospital Jobst Tower auditorium, 2142 N. Cove Blvd., 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; and Epworth United Methodist, 4855 Central Ave., 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays. Families or anyone dealing with addiction welcome. Information: 419-561-5433.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.