● Naturalists’ Camera Club of Toledo monthly meeting at the Secor Room-Secor Metroparks, 10001 W. Central Ave., home of the National Center for Nature Photograpy. Program: Alaska Trip by Don and Lynn Godfrey. Meeting open to the public. Information: 419-874-8964.
● Birchard Public Library programs, 423 Croghan St.: Family storytimes, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Book Discussion Group, 7-8:15 p.m. Jan. 11, Skype with author Michelle Kuo, her book Reading With Patrick. Register/details: 419-334-7101, ext. 209.
● Harry Potter Day for teens hosted by the Birchard Public Library, 423 Croghan St., 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday. Grades 7-12. Crafts, games, trivia, a showing of The Sorcerer’s Stone, chocolate frog scavenger hunt, and pizza and snacks. Free. Must preregister at 419-334-7101, ext. 209.
● Gibsonburg Public Library programs, 100 N. Webster St.: Cookbook Club, 6:30 p.m. Jan. 8, this month is The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays by Dee Drummond, bring a copy of recipe and your dish. Register, 419-637-2173.
● Friends of the Tecumseh District Library book sale, Tecumseh District Library’s lower level, 215 N. Ottawa St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Several used books, audio books, DVDs, and a large collection of children’s books. Benefits library improvements and programs. Used books are needed and can be left at the library’s front desk.
● Area women are invited to “Sacks Thrift Avenue” Toledo East Women’s Connection Luncheon and Program: Bayside, 2759 Seaman St., doors open at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon Jan. 11. Special feature: Bargain shopping opportunity. Music: Bonnie Mohon. Speaker: Sandi Lemmon, of Toledo, “Confessions of A Workaholic.” Cost: $11.50. Reservations by Sunday: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633.
The Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo meets Thursday in the Perrysburg Masonic Building.
● Fort Meigs History Book Club launched by Fort Meigs and the Way Library at Fort Meigs, 29100 W. River Rd., with first meeting at 7 p.m. Jan. 10. Moderated by Geoff Earnhart, fort director. January’s selection is In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Waleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick. Copies available at the circulation desk. Details: 419-874-3135, ext. 119.
● Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo meeting at the Perrysburg Masonic Building, 590 E. South Boundary St., 7-9 p.m. Thursday. Details: 419-367-9307.
● Oak Openings Preserve programs: 5402 Wilkins Rd.; Campfire Cooking: Chili? Warm Up! (ages 12 and older), White Oak area, 6-8 p.m. Friday, help prepare campfire chili, take a brisk winter hike, then warm up with a bowlful; bring a reusable bowl, silverware, and mug (for less waste), and dress for weather, fee $8. Maumee Valley Adventurers Travel Circle 2018: Scenic Byways and Villages of France by Judy Paffenberger, in the lodge, 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday, free. Register, 419-407-9701.
● Woodville Public Library programs: 101 E. Main St.; Storytimes, 7 p.m. Mondays; LEGO Club grades kindergarten to 6, 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday. Kidz Book Club grades 1-4, 6:15 p.m. Jan. 8. Register: 419-849-2744.
● Nar-Anon 12-Step Program for families and friends of addicts at Harvest Lane Alliance Church, 5132 Harvest Lane, 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, 419-392-2420; and Unity of Toledo, 3535 Executive Pkwy.,10-11 a.m. Saturdays, 248-408-1853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Frogtown Low-Vision Support Group at Heatherdowns Branch Library, 3265 Glanzman Rd., 10 a.m.-noon Wednesday. Reservations: Paul or Jan Rachow, 419-877-800 or frogtownvision.org.
● Donna’s Village Grief Support Group at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 611 Woodville Rd., 6-7:30 p.m. first and third Wednesday of each month. Information: 419-460-3122 or at email@example.com.
● Caregivers’ Support group offered by the Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter at Parkcliffe Community, 4226 Parkcliffe Lane, 1 p.m.the fourth Thursday of each month. Information: 419-381-9447.
● Family After Addiction or Death (F.A.A.D.)/Team Recovery: Support Group at ProMedica Toledo Hospital Jobst Tower Auditorium, 2142 N. Cove Blvd., 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; and Epworth United Methodist, 4855 Central Ave., 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays. Information: 419-561-5433.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.