Each week during the construction season, The Blade’s Road Warrior highlights the major construction projects in Toledo and the surrounding area, noting where delays are worst and where the best alternative routes are.
I received a reader complaint that nobody was working during the daytime in the waterline reconstruction zone along Monroe Street near Franklin Park Mall that is tying up traffic.
The explanation, city spokesman Ignazio Messina said, is simple: work is being done at night.
Read the latest version of The Blade’s Road Warrior blog
With lanes still closed during the daytime, however, avoiding Monroe between Talmadge Road and Harvest Lane is probably a good idea.
On the other side of town, State Rt. 51’s Woodville Road incarnation will have a traffic-signal replacement project that may require intermittent lane closings near Lemoyne Road and I-280 starting Monday.
1. I-75: Reconstruction and widening between I-475 and Lagrange closes all ramps at Jeep Parkway except the northbound exit, plus southbound entrance at Phillips. Detour to nearby interchanges. ProMedica Parkway ramp at eastbound I-475 leads to I-75 southbound only. Off-peak lane closings possible on I-75 through the zone.
2. I-75: Nighttime (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings at Indiana for bridge reconstruction. Southbound exit to Washington Street reduced to one lane.
3. I-475: Nighttime (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings for bridge painting at Monroe and for pavement repairs between Central (Sylvania Township) and Secor.
4. State Rts. 51 (Monroe), 65 (Summit): Lanes closed on Monroe between Collingwood and Summit and on Summit between Monroe and Lafayette for resurfacing.
5. State Rt. 25 (Erie, Spielbusch/Michigan): Lane closings on Erie from Lafayette to Cherry and on Spielbusch/Michigan from Cherry to Madison Avenue for street resurfacing. Side streets may have lane closings or detours in the area. Superior Street, a potential alternative route for Erie, is closed at Jefferson and partially closed at Jackson for sewer construction, as are Jefferson and the westbound lanes of Jackson at those intersections.
6. Bancroft Street: Lane closings, Westwood to Secor, for street reconstruction.
7. State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Lane closings, Talmadge to Harvest, for water line work.
8. U.S. 20/State Rt. 120 (Central): Nighttime (8 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings, King to McCord, for resurfacing start Monday and continue into July.
9. U.S. 20/23: Nighttime lane closings, East Boundary to Lime City, for resurfacing.
10. I-280: Lane closings, Starr to Manhattan for drainage work and light-pole replacement on the Glass City Veterans’ Skyway.
11. State Rt. 2 (Navarre): Lane closings, Willard to Coyne, for pavement repair and resurfacing through late June.
12. U.S. 24: Lane closings possible at Monclova Road for intersection work.
13. State Rt. 120 (Central): Lane closings near Talmadge for intersection reconstruction. Talmadge closed on the intersection’s north leg through Tuesday.
14. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): Left lane closed each way between I-75 and State Rt. 2 (Western) for preparatory work related to bridge replacement. City Park closed on both sides of the Trail.
15. State Rt. 65: Lane closings in downtown Rossford for resurfacing.
16. I-280: Lane closings between the State Rt. 795 and State Rt. 51 interchanges for pavement repairs through June 1.
OFF THE MAP
I-75 (Ohio): Reduced speed limits and nighttime lane closings through Findlay for reconstruction and widening. Northbound exit to U.S. 68/State Rt. 15 closed until 2020. Lane closings south of Findlay, between the State Rt. 235 and Bentley Road interchanges, for bridge work and pavement repair.
U.S. 23/30: Bridge work requires lane closings at State Rt. 53, near Upper Sandusky. Route 53 bridge over U.S. 20/23 closed.
State Rt. 2: Lane closings just west of the Edison Bridge for slope repair. Westbound exit to State Rt. 269 is closed; use State Rt. 53 instead. This work is expected to continue into late June, although the exit ramp will reopen for Memorial Day weekend.
State Rt. 163: The Port Clinton drawbridge is closed for rehabilitation through June 14. Use State Rt. 2 instead.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.