● The Voices of Harmony Spring Concert at First Presbyterian Church, 126 S. Church St., 7 p.m. Saturday. Free admission, donations accepted.
● Charity Golf Classic for Miracle League of Northwest Ohio at Chippewa Golf Club, 23550 W. State Rt. 579, check-in 11 a.m., shotgun start at noon Saturday. Cost: $80 for golf, dinner, and 2 drink tickets. Contact: Melissa, 419-346-8277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Birchard Public Library programs, 423 Croghan St.: Summer Reading Challenge “Libraries Rock!” for adults, teens, and children from Monday through July 28. West African Drumming Experience for grades kindergarten to 6 and their families 2-3 p.m. Wednesday; performance by Sogbety Diomande; questions/answers follow show. Library will be closed on Sundays. Register/details: 419-334-7101, ext. 209 or online at birchard.lib.oh.us.
● Gibsonburg Public Library programs, 100 N. Webster St.: “Libraries Rock!” Music Makers for preschoolers, their siblings, and caregivers, 4:30 p.m. Monday; enjoy music, stories, songs, and a craft. Purple Martin Basics 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, program presented by Lisa Rock of the Green Creek Wildlife Society. Rockin’ Robin Song Bingo (grades kindergarten to 6) 1:30 p.m. Thursday, summer reading challenge kick-off. Money Management Class for Teens: How to Balance a Checkbook, 4 p.m. June 11; please register in advance, class is with Katie LaPlant of OSU Extension Office. Cookbook Club 6:30 p.m. June 11; this month’s cookbook is Amish Community Cookbook by Carole Ruth Giagnocavo; bring a copy of your recipe with your dish. Register, 419-637-2173.
The Cakewalkin' Jass Band, shown during a performance at Tony Packo's Cafe in December of 2017, will play a free outdoor concert at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee Wednesday evening.
● Cakewalkin’ Jass Band Free Outdoor Concert on the lawn at First Presbyterian Church of Maumee, 200 E. Broadway St., 6 p.m. Wednesday. Bring the family, a blanket or chairs, and if you would like, bring your dinner too.
● Monroe Senior Citizens Center programs, 15275 S. Dixie Hwy., Monroe: Stamp Club 7:30-9 p.m. June 11. Wood Carvers 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays. Monroe Sewing Club 6 p.m. June 18, in conference room. Details, 734-241-0404.
●Whitmer High School Alumni meeting at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. For restaurant location (southeast Michigan or northwest Ohio) contact Alvin and Nancy (Ray) Striggow, 734-854-2558 or email@example.com.
● The Whitmer Girls Class of 1950 will meet at Schoolhouse Lunchroom Commons, 8336 Monroe Rd., Lambertville, 11:30 a.m. June 14. Details: Nancy (Ray) Striggow, 734-854-2558 or 419-466-2494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Whiteford Athletic Boosters Golf Outing at the Legacy Golf Club, 7677 US-223, Ottawa Lake, registration 7:30 a.m., shotgun start 9 a.m. June 22. Cost: $85/player includes Team Skin, greens fee, range balls, cart, and dinner. Great prizes. Register: WABgolfouting.com. For details: 419-574-2419.
● Historical Yard Sale at the Napoleon Civic Center, 303 W. Main St., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. Shopping, eating, and more. napoleonciviccenter.org.
● Maumee Bay Country Quilt Guild meeting at Northwood Church of God, 3375 Curtice Rd., doors open 6 p.m. meeting 6:45 p.m. Tuesday. Featuring making-quilt theme cards, we will make and take a card. Visitors can attend, cost $10 (which can be applied towards membership fee of $35 if joining).
● Area women are invited to “Care For Your Hair” Toledo East Women’s Connection Luncheon and Program: Bayside, 2759 Seaman St., doors open at 11:30 a.m., lunch at noon June 14. Special feature: Marchelle Wendler, admissions director of Paul Mitchell Salon, Sylvania, offering hair-care tips. Music: Katie Trumbull of Toledo. Speaker: Annie McQuate of Mansfield, Ohio, “Holding Hands and Holding Hearts.” Cost: $12.50. Reservations by Sunday: Dorothy, 419-691-9611 or Marilyn, 419-666-1633. Last minute cancellations call Diane, 419-260-0151.
● JWH (James “Wes” Hancock) Oregon Senior Center events, 4350 Navarre Ave.: Dance with Us, line dancing 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays, ballroom 9:30 a.m. Thursdays. Day Trip 10:30 a.m. June 12 to Three Girlz Urban Living to shop, then to new Howard Marsh for sightseeing, then enjoy a brown bag lunch at Pearson Park, cost $10 per person. Ship ‘Til You Drop to Vermilion, Ohio, departing at 11:15 a.m., returning 3:30 p.m. June 20 (lunch 11:45 a.m. at Quaker Steak and Lube), a donation of $4 for transportation. Questions: 419-698-7078.
●VFW Post 9816 euchre tournaments, 1802 Ashcroft Dr., 2 p.m. Sundays. Details, 419-725-9916.
● Free screenings of A Plastic Ocean at the Way Public Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Tuesday. This documentary follows scientists and researchers around the world as they explore the fragile state of our oceans. Free admission and refreshments. No registration required. Details: 419-874-3135, ext. 119.
● Stamp Collectors Club of Toledo picnic at Woodland Park, 429 E. Boundary St., 7-9 p.m. Thursday. Details: 419-367-9307.
● Way Public Library programs, 101 E. Indiana Ave.: Income Inequality 7 p.m. June 11, presented by David McClough of Ohio Northern University. LinkedIn class 6:30 p.m. June 12, by Jennifer Sader, learn how to create your profile and more. Video Travelogue “Crossing the Pond” with Judy Pfaffenberger, 2 p.m. June 13, featuring a transatlantic cruise with stops to Spain and Portugal. Getting the most out of selling your home 6 p.m. June 13.
● Perrysburg Fire CPR Training Center’s Family and Friends CPR class at the Way Public Library, 101 E. Indiana Ave., 6-9 p.m. June 18. This class is for people who want to learn CPR, but do not need a course completion card. Cost: $5, payable at registration. Register at the library’s information desk. Questions: Amy Allen at the Perrysburg Fire Division, 419-872-8027 or email at email@example.com.
● Rossford Public Library programs, 720 Dixie Hwy.: Summer Concert Series on the lawn, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, performing is Jim Kleefeld (children’s); bring a lawn chair/blanket. Free; if inclement weather, concert will be moved inside.
● Block Watch meeting at Grace Community Church, 3700 Dorr St., 6-7 p.m. Tuesday.
● Braden United Methodist Church garage sale, 4725 Dorr St., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. For more information, 419-386-2700.
● The Islamic Food Bank of Toledo will distribute 200 hot meals at two locations on Saturday: Mobile Food Bank truck at Helping Hands of St. Louis, 443 Sixth St., from 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. or Toledo Masjid Al-Islam, 722 E. Bancroft St., from 1:35 p.m. and 2 p.m. Meals will include an entree, side items including fresh produce and baked goods.
● Fun-e-Vent Community event at St. Matthews Episcopal Church, 5240 Talmadge Rd., 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Pig roast, crafts, 50/50 raffle, food, bouncy house, and more.
● Toledo Polish Genealogical Society meeting at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 11050 Avenue Rd. Perrysburg, 11 a.m. Saturday. presentation and time to research. Our volunteers will help you. Bring your brick walls.
● The Toledo Choral Society featuring ‘Celebration for Art Tatum’ at the University of Toledo’s University Hall in Doermann Theater, 2801 W. Bancroft St., 3 p.m. Sunday. Tribute jazz concert will have traditional American folk songs and gospel music. Tributes by David Jex of the University of Toledo and world-renowned guest pianist Alvin Waddles. Tickets: $20 each are available through any choral society member or at ToledoChoralSociety.org. Benefits the Bernard Sanchez Memorial Scholarship Fund. To donate to this scholarship, contact Nick Butler at the University of Toledo Foundation, 419-530-5413.
● Trendsetters Toastmasters Club at Reynolds Corners Branch Library, Meeting Room 2, 4833 Dorr St., 6:30-8 p.m. June 11. Toastmasters help all interested members of the community with public speaking and leadership skills.
● The Historic Vistula Foundation’s Summer Solstice Garden Tea at the Matthew Brown House, 1107 N. Superior St., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. June 15 and 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. June 16. Step into the past with this elegant Victorian tea party in the garden of the Italianate style 1865 Vistula home. Cost: $30 per person. Ladies are encouraged to add a hat to their ensemble. For reservations call Richard, 419-266-8039. For details see historicvistula.org.
● East Toledo Senior Activities Center, 1001 White St.: Chicken dinner and bake sale 4-7 p.m. June 13. Tickets: $10/presale and $12 at the door. Dine-in or carry-out. Honoring fathers with a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. June 18, reservations by June 14. Book Worms book club meets once a month, call center to sign up. For details and to register, 419-691-2254.
● Songs of Fatherhood: A Father’s Day Concert at Trinity Episcopal Church, 316 Adams St., 3 p.m. June 17. Conducted by Brad Pierson of the Unversity of Toledo. Featuring “A Father” by Sylvania-based composer Kevin Foster (also singing and playing piano). Guests will receive an 11x17 poster featuring artwork created specifically to pair with the music and children will be provided with crayons. Tickets: $10 general admission (children under 12 free) available through http://www.whateverchoir.org/schedule.
● German Speakers’ Conversation evenings (”Stammtisch”) at the Bier Stube Bar and Grill, 5333 Monroe St. (Monroe Street Market Square), 7:30-10 p.m. every Tuesday. All fluent German speakers, native or non-native are welcome. Details: 419-376-1740.
● Whitehouse Library programs, 10651 Waterville St.: Open House during the Cherry Fest, noon-3 p.m. Saturday. No Kids’ Hour on Saturday, resumes July 14. Register/details: 419-877-9088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Woodville Public Library programs, 101 E. Main St.: Summer Kidz Crafts (grades kindergarten-6) 2-5 p.m. Tuesdays. Rock Summer Reading challenge kick-off party 7 p.m. Wednesday. Father’s Day Crafts, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. June 16. Register, 419-849-2744.
● Anthony Wayne High School Class of 1963 55th Reunion will be held on Aug. 18 and 19. If you haven’t received a letter or sent in reservations (due by July 16), please contact Carol Heuerman at 419-875-6585 or email email@example.com.
● Metamora High School Alumni 93rd and final banquet at Evergreen Elementary School, 14844 Co. Rd. 6, Metamora, Ohio 43540, 5 p.m. July 28. For details contact Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Woodward High School 1968 50th Class Reunion at Shorty’s Back Forty, 5215 Monroe St., 6-11 p.m. Sept. 29. Cost: $45 per person. Reservations with payment due by July 13: Colette Kalisz Egner, 419-824-3403 or Sherry Hobbs Fitzpatrick, 419-356-4468.
● Macomber/Whitney Reunion Class of 1956 at Bayview Yacht Club, 3902 N. Summit St., 4 p.m. July 28. Classes from 1950-1960 are also invited. Bring friends and relatives. Reservations by July 15. No walk-ins. Contact Dave Czajka, 419-385-2292.
● Jefferson Rule (1820-1902) Descendants 100th Reunion in the Poplar Shelter at Meadowbrook Park, 5430 W. Tiffin St., Bascom, Ohio, Aug. 12. Jefferson Rule with his wife, Eliza Patterson, had 12 children and were early settlers in Seneca County, Ohio. Families bearing the names Coffman, Henninger, Spotts, Egbert, Metzger, Matz, Miller, Dudrow, Brundage, deAngelis, Cundiff, Hoeltzel, Sherman, Fisher, and possibly others could be added. If you are, or think you are, or know someone who may be related to the Rule family please contact email@example.com.
● Whitmer Class of 1963 55th Reunion Aug. 25. Our class only. Contact Gary Schweer, 419-351-4884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Bedford High School Class of 1968 Reunion at the Highland Meadows Golf Club, 7455 Erie St., Sylvania, Ohio on Aug. 25. If you were a classmate or know someone that was part of this class, please contact Margie Folk Breske, 734-856-5256 or email email@example.com or Ken Kruzynski, 734-847-0922 or email Lindaski@buckeye-access.com.
● Olney/Northwood High School Reunion 1940-1969 at Sunrise Park and Banquet Center, 1460 Woodville Rd., Millbury, Ohio, Sept. 15. For details see olneynorthwood.weebly.com.
● Summerfield High School (Petersburg, Michigan) Reunion Classes of 1967, 1968, and 1969 at LaRoy’s Hall, 12375 S. Telegraph Rd., LaSalle, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 28. If you were a classmate or know of anyone whi was, please contact Carolyn (Nieman) Wetzler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-945-8826.
● USS IWO JIMA (LPH2/LHD7) Shipmates Reunion at Doubletree Hotel Jacksonville Riverfront, Jacksonville, Florida, Oct. 10-13. For all ships company, embarked Navy, and Marine Corps personnel who were on board the LPH2 or LHD7. Contact Robert G. McAnally, 757-723-0317; yujack46709@ gmail.com; or http://ussiwojimashipmates.cfns.net/.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.