Each week during the construction season, The Blade’s Road Warrior highlights the major construction projects in Toledo and the surrounding area, noting where delays are worst and where the best alternative routes are.
A portion of the southbound I-75 service road at the Stickney/Lagrange interchange that didn’t get rebuilt during recent I-75 reconstruction will close Monday so the city can do that work.
North Expressway Drive will be closed for about four weeks between Stickney Avenue and the exit ramp from southbound I-75.
All I-75 ramps will remain open. But getting to the entrance to southbound I-75 will be a circuitous affair, as the only access to it will be via South Expressway Drive -- the northbound service road -- and the Polish Village Overpass.
The nearby Phillips Avenue entrance, meanwhile, remains closed as part of I-75’s reconstruction south of Lagrange Street, although it’s expected to reopen later this month as that project nears completion.
1. I-75: Reconstruction and widening between I-475 and Lagrange closes all ramps at Jeep Parkway except the northbound exit, plus southbound entrance at Phillips. Detour to nearby interchanges. ProMedica Parkway ramp at eastbound I-475 leads to I-75 southbound only. Off-peak lane closings possible on I-75 through the zone. Haverhill Drive closed for street reconstruction. Southbound I-75 service road (North Expressway Drive) closed at Stickney Avenue for four weeks, starting Monday, for reconstruction. Detour via Stickney, Manhattan, Lagrange, South Expressway, and the Polish Village Overpass.
2. I-75: Nighttime (7 p.m. to 6 a.m.) lane closings at Indiana for bridge reconstruction. Southbound exit to Washington Street reduced to one lane.
3. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): Two inbound lanes and one outbound lane closed between Western and Collingwood for bridge replacement. City Park closed on both sides of the Trail.
4. State Rt. 120 (Central): Lane closings between Manchester and Densmore for resurfacing through late this year.
5. State Rt. 65 (Summit): Lane closings, Lagrange to Jackson, for resurfacing.Superior Street, a potential alternative route, is partially closed at Jackson and completely closed at Jefferson for sewer construction, as are Jefferson and the westbound lanes of Jackson at those intersections.
6. Bancroft Street: Lane closings, Westwood to Secor, for street reconstruction.
7. State Rt. 51 (Monroe): Lane closings, Talmadge to Harvest, for water line work.
8. U.S. 24: Lane closings, Waterville-Monclova to Stitt, for resurfacing.
9. State Rt. 25 (Anthony Wayne Trail): One of three lanes closed between South and Glendale for repair and resurfacing until early October. A second lane may be closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. nightly except Saturday nights.
10. State Rt. 579: Closed to through traffic between State Rt. 51 and Bradner Road for bridge replacement through October. Use State Rt. 2 or State Rt. 163 instead.
11. State Rt. 184 (Alexis): Lane closings for resurfacing and drainage work between Flanders and Acres roads in Sylvania through December.
12. State Rt. 120 (Cherry): Eastbound right lane closed between Islington and Rosalind for pavement restoration starting Monday and ending Sept. 20.
13. U.S. 24: Closed for construction between Substation and Temperance roads until Nov. 1. Use M-125 instead between Sterns and Luna Pier roads.
OFF THE MAP
I-75 (Ohio): Nighttime lane closings possible at State Rts. 64/105 in Bowling Green for bridge work; Routes 64/105 reduced to one lane each way. Reduced speed limits and nighttime lane closings through Findlay for reconstruction and widening. Northbound exit to U.S. 68/State Rt. 15 closed until 2020. Northbound ramps at State Rt. 12 close Monday for 60 days of reconstruction. Lane closings south of Findlay, between the State Rt. 235 and Bentley Road interchanges, for bridge work and pavement repair.
U.S. 6: Closed for bridge repairs east of Fremont, between Sandusky County roads 222 and 312, until early November. Detour via State Rt. 53 and State Rt. 2. Flag zones for resurfacing between State Rts. 49 and 2 in Williams County. Side roads may be closed at some intersections during work.
U.S. 24: Lane closings between Napoleon and the Henry/Defiance county line for resurfacing through September.
U.S. 68: Closed for reconstruction on the north side of Arlington through early November. Southbound traffic is detoured via State Rt. 15, U.S. 23, and U.S. 30, and northbound traffic is detoured via U.S. 30, State Rt. 235, and I-75.
U.S 127/State Rt. 15: Closed between Williams County roads M and M50 for culvert work; use State Rt. 66 instead between U.S. 20 and U.S. 20A.
State Rt. 15: Lane closings between the Wyandot/Hancock county line and State Rt. 330 for resurfacing.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.