COLUMBUS — Vinny Prospal scored from a hard angle at 1:22 of the third and Sergei Bobrovsky had 24 saves to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets past the Dallas Stars 2-1 on Monday night, ending a four-game losing streak.
It was the Blue Jackets’ first win since opening night in Nashville in a shootout. They had been outscored 16-6 since while mustering just a point in a shootout loss to Detroit in the home opener a week ago.
Derek Dorsett also scored for the Blue Jackets.
Philip Larsen had the Stars’ goal with Kari Lehtonen stopping 25 shots.
The Blue Jackets took the lead for good when Prospal appeared to catch Lehtonen by surprise.
- Jenner gets tiebreaking goal to lead Blue Jackets past Blues
- Blue Jackets beat Blackhawks 5-2 as Atkinson has hat trick
- Blue Jackets forward suspended for high hit
- Hartnell scores 3, Jackets come back for 5-3 win over Ducks
- Blue Jackets assign forward, call up center