INDIANAPOLIS — The head of Indianapolis’ Super Bowl bid committee says it won't use Sunday's power outage against New Orleans as the cities lobby to host the 2018 Super Bowl.
Indiana Sports Corp. president Allison Melangton says planners prefer to sell Indy's own assets.
Melangton provided an update today on the city's plan to follow up on last year's successful game by bringing a second Super Bowl to Indianapolis. New Orleans, which hosted Sunday's game, is planning to bid on the 2018 game. Melangton says she expects Atlanta and Tampa, Fla., to join the competition. Other contenders could include Minneapolis, if the new stadium is complete, and cities that lost out on the 2017 game.
Guidelines: Please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language decent. Comments that violate these standards, or our privacy statement or visitor's agreement, are subject to being removed and commenters are subject to being banned. To post comments, you must be a registered user on toledoblade.com. To find out more, please visit the FAQ.